My BLCU Blog: How to Apply in BLCU

Saturday, June 11, 2011

How to Apply in BLCU

Hi everyone!

I started this blog to help out different students from all over the world who intend to learn Mandarin Chinese in BLCU University but don't know how to or are confused about the posted steps online.

First of all you need to pay the application fee. The university requires you to pay this fee in order for them to process your requirements (visa form, acceptance letter, snail mail). You can pay the application fee online. Here is a link to the school's pay online page. Just click on the link and fill up the form. You can use your credit card to pay for the fee, It will cost you around US75$. There's a 4% additional charge for the credit card commission fee. After paying, the receipt will automatically be sent to your email address.

What are the Requirements to apply for Beijing Language and Culture University?

1. Filled up Application form
2. Photocopy of Academic Diploma
3. Photocopy of Passport
4. Photocopy of Emergency Contact's Valid ID
5. Photocopy of Application Fee Payment

Application by Snail Mail

This type of application was more commonly used in the previous years when online application wasn't very established yet. These days though, based from my experience, BLCU's response to online application is a lot quicker, cheaper and easier than sending them by snail mail.

If you still opt to send it by snail mail, you just need to complete the requirements above and send your documents to this BLCU Address: Admission Office for Foreign Students, Beijing Language and Culture University, 15 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100083.

Online Application

This is the newest way to submit your documents to BLCU. Simply fill up the application form (can be computerized or handwritten) and scan the necessary documents. Send your requirements to zhaosh2@blcu.edu.cn or zhaosh4@blcu.edu.cn. They usually reply weekly (every Monday) to confirm that they have received your documents.

Once your have received their confirmation, you will have to wait a few weeks for your mail to arrive at your doorstep informing you that you have been accepted to BLCU. Good luck!

9 comments:

  1. Excellent and informative post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I like your blog, it's very informative and detailed. BTW I'm from the Philippines too and I'm planning to go in the semester of Feb-July 2013. I know it's still a long way off but I like being prepared. Anyway my question would be: How early do I have to be there for the registration and placement tests? Since this is for next year the schedule for the 2013 year is still not up at the BLCU website. Also, I'm planning to do the following since I'll be going solo:
    1. Get an agent (CUCAS) to handle my application and dorm 17 reservations. (Is this overkill?)
    2. Stay at Xi Jian Hotel for my first night so I don't have to lug around my luggage on campus before the dorm situation and registration has been sorted out. (Again too overkill?)
    3. Still flip flopping between taking 1 semester or staying for 2 semesters. Do you think 1 semester is enough?
    Thanks for any additional info you might have.
    p.s. How BIG is the single room in dorm 4?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweeney!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    The safest will be 5-7 days before the registration and placement tests so you can settle your internet, bank account and housing before school registration starts.

    For your questions:

    1.) If their price is okay with you then why not! It will lessen the hassle on your part, especially that Dorm 17 is the most difficult dorm to book... actually it's almost impossible to book alone.

    2.) I think that all the dorms are opened 24/7.. But if you arrive in the evening, and then maybe if you just want to be sure, you can. Although, there are many hotels around BLCU, which you can check-in to anytime :)

    3.) I only took 1 semester, but if I were given the chance I would stay for 2. :) You can take 1 semester first, and then decide if you want to extend or not. The teachers will be giving away application forms before the semester ends. Application is free for students already in Beijing.;)

    For the size of the dorms, you can check my post: http://myblcublog.blogspot.com/2012/02/blcu-international-students-housing-and.html

    Click on the BLCU Housing Dormitory and Brochure button (almost at the end of the post), download it and the sizes of the dorms are mentioned there - including dorm 4's. It's not exactly for the single room - but you'll get an idea.

    If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!:)

    I hope I helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Is there any chance you know what hours the foreign students admissions office is open? I can't seem to find it anywhere I need to know quite urgently because I've realised that my flight doesn't get in until mid-afternoon on the last day of registration (oops!)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Georgie.. I think they open until 5 daily. (But I can never be so sure, different offices open/close at varying times).. Don't worry about the registration though, late registration is not a problem.. there are just some changes to the steps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this! Their website doesn't tell you how to apply online, so this was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your welcome! thanks for dropping by!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey i was applying to blcu through blcu.org but im confused about the application fee payment i was going to pay online but how will they know i sent it..and how will i know they recived

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments!